2021 Summer Internship: Software Engineer Intern - Detection/Machine Learning
Palo Alto, CA
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
*At this time, we expect to host our interns onsite at one of Argo AI's locations. However, if COVID-19 prevents us from doing so, internships will be conducted remotely. In the event our internship program is remote, interns will not be required to relocate and must reside in certain states for the duration of their internship. Additionally, remote interns will not receive housing or relocation assistance. Any changes will be communicated to successful candidates in advance of the start of the internship program. Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA.
Meet the team:
Our Software Engineering Internship gives you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal. All of these require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Experience building simulations for industry or research
- Excellent C++ or Python programming and software design skills
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, numerical methods, and stochastic methods
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
Nice to haves:
- Students pursuing MS/PhD in computer science, computer vision, machine learning or robotics and with a strong interest in applying their skills to write software to solve challenging problems
- Expertise in large-scale cloud infrastructure, GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience in ML systems (data selection, feature extraction, training, verification, analysis and infra)
- Familiarity with PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow, Caffe or other similar deep net or machine learning packages
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.