Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Posted 7 months ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us unlock the full potential of our data science capabilities. In this role, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to work closely with our data team to help us design, develop, and deploy machine learning models as we continue to scale our platform and infrastructure. You will also work closely with our product & marketing teams in everything from the ideation, research & prototyping of modeling approaches, and to scaling & deploying models in our gaming platform.
Our ideal candidate is a team player who loves to build data products and technologies and wants to lead the end-to-end machine learning process. You also should possess a passion and deep theoretical knowledge of machine learning & neural networks and can discuss in depth the strengths, and drawbacks of various techniques & algorithms for various business requirements.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to make a big impact by owning our machine learning strategy & operations then we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and implement machine learning systems and bring state-of-art ML methods into real application
- Work with data scientists, product management and engineering to implement data science use cases
- Identify key insights and build machine learning applications that will increase player engagement and retention
- Develop, deploy and continuously improve data products in the areas of LTV/churn prediction, product recommendations, bandit models etc.
- Build and design ML infrastructure including building resilient data pipelines, monitors, experimentations, APIs and data connectors
- Run regular A/B tests, perform statistical analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of the models
- MS, or PhD in computer science, applied statistics or other quantitative fields, or equivalent practical work experience
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in applied machine learning and in deploying machine learning models at scale
- In-depth experience leading end-to-end machine learning projects
- Possess real-world experience in building and scaling machine learning algorithms.
- Strong breadth of ML techniques including classification, regression, clustering and reinforcement learning
- Full-stack development experience in building data products and production data pipelines to support data and analytics functions
- Expert level Python skills and in machine learning libraries including Scikit-Learn/Tensorflow/Pytorch.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Snowflake, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of statistical hypothesis testing, Bayesian inference methods and statistical distributions
- Great communication & teamwork skills
- Self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs