Watson Health- Business/Data Analyst
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment
- Employ IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies
- Understand technical languages and communicate technical issues in a non-technical way for clients and team
- Review documents from multiple tools (Power Point, Excel, Word, Project, etc.)
- Contribute to material creation
- Understand project scope – participate in the contract change control process
- Assist in management and escalation of project issues, risks, and actions
- Assist in tracking budget/actual project financials and invoices.
- Review the quality and timeliness of IBM Watson Health project deliverables
- Assist in status reporting to internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives
- Participate in Operations reporting
- As needed, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Willingness to relocate to Raleigh, NC area
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship, work, and/or project experience, which will provide the analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 100% of the time, if project/business needs require
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Majors: Business Administration / Management, Finance, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Management, Business Information Technology
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Consulting Finance Marketing Security Travel