Senior Power BI Developer
London, United Kingdom
Octopus is a group of innovative, entrepreneurial businesses investing in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world. We are experts in financial services and energy, and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.6* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors. Our energy supply business is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, reaching 3.1 million customers in just five years, and is the only supplier to be recommended by Which? four years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Seccl Technology are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
We are looking for a Senior Power BI Developer to join the Data Insights team within Octopus Investments. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting period of transformation where you will be at the forefront of shaping how the business uses data & insight. You will be the ‘go-to PowerBI person’ in the team, spearheading the development and rollout of PowerBI across the business.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Providing end-to-end delivery of enterprise-level Power BI solutions for OI.
- Gathering, clarifying, and developing requirements with stakeholders.
- Leading the architectural design, governance, and adoption of Power BI.
- Using a working knowledge of modern data warehousing frameworks to work closely with the Data Engineering team to define data solutions.
- Building and delivering Power BI training.
- Ownership of the Power BI development roadmap.
- Creating and maintaining complete and accurate solution design documents.
Essential experience & characteristics:
- Experience developing end-to-end Power BI reporting and analytics solutions
- Excellent knowledge SQL, DAX, and Power Query (M)
- Strong understanding of data modelling concepts
- Proficiency in data visualisation and report design
- Experience working in or alongside data engineering teams to deliver data solutions
- Experience of designing and delivering Power BI training.
- Great people skills - this role will involve working with lots of internal stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
- Desire to learn new technologies and continuously develop new skills and expertise.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of DBT.
- Experience of coaching more junior team members.
- Experience working for a similar, fast paced Financial Services company.
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation.
What we offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Sydney, New South Wales, … Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 44K - 83K * USD 44K+ *
Backend Engineer - Machine Learning ML Platform - Open to remote across ANZAWS Computer Science CUDA Distributed Systems ECS Engineering GPU +8
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Parental leave Pet friendly +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs