Data Analyst ( US REMOTE)
New York City
ZipZip is a leading global Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) company available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and Canada.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
We’re looking for a data fanatic to join a team of analysts that are responsible for building Zip’s data platforms. We need people who understand data at a granular level – they don’t rely on any one tool but rather understand them all, and each of their pros and cons. This is a unique opportunity to build the data strategy and architecture at a data-driven startup that’s changing the world of finance, shoulder-to-shoulder with a tight team that has your back.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for Zip’s data analytics platforms across key departments with a dominant focus on marketing.
- Partner closely with business leaders to create and enable analytics around how Zip attracts, engages and retains customers in our App.
- Build and maintain data analytics dashboards and other tools (alation, tableau, amplitude, optimizely).
- Identify opportunities in the business operations for data-based recommendations.
- Bring a strong track record of analytics enablement to companies with a focus on fintech.
- Connect vague business questions to data projects to create new analytics capabilities; this will require strong SQL knowledge, data modeling experience is a plus.
- Work with our complex and large volume of data to understand trends, behaviors and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Communicate insights with senior stakeholders and team members.
- Conduct pre and post implementation reviews and present compelling campaign results and actionable insights.
- Promote a high standard of campaign and customer analytics within Marketing to drive successful program outcomes using data led insights.
- Collaborate with the broader Data & Risk Team to share ideas and discuss analytical approaches in the interests of promoting continual development.
What you’ll bring
- 2-4 years of professional, full-time data experience, this includes experience with a coding language, SQL preferred, data modeling, and a BI tool, tableau preferred.
- An excellent addition to our culture: You believe and want to participate in a blameless culture which focuses on process and technology. You feel accountable for everything you do and that sense of urgency has been driving you your entire life. You like to have a good time while getting things done. When we say a “team player” we mean it - you have a crisp high-five and funny stories to tell. You have your team’s back, and the team has yours.
- A yearning to learn new things: You know that there’s always more to learn, and it bothers you that there isn’t enough time in the day to learn about the next topic. You’re up-to-date on new trends in data – you know who’s using what to solve various problems and are excited for the next release of your favorite tool. If you can handle being thrown in the deep end of the pool, this team’s for you.
- The ability to solve big picture problems: Proactively identify reports, dashboards, and analysis needed by the business. Partner with Product & Engineering teams to strategize and drive user growth.
- Comfort in uncertainty: You’re comfortable in the weeds pulling, cleaning, analyzing, and transforming raw data into insightful, viz-ual findings. You conduct the necessary research when presented with open ended questions. Critical and open-ended thinking are second nature.
- The drive to seek answers in data: You are comfortable analyzing millions of transactional data points. You use data to drive decision-making and make recommendations on how to best grow the business. You work closely with leadership to identify, measure, and grow major KPIs across business lines.
- A passion for analytics: You excitedly seek opportunities to leverage Tableau. Advanced SQL is in your toolkit to solve complex business problems. You know modeling techniques and love to partner with Data Engineers. When faced with technical challenges, you take the initiative to learn new approaches.
The Pay Range for this position: Minimum - Maximum is based on the industry benchmark for the position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payments, compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture● Share incentive programs● 20 days PTO every year● Generous paid parental leave● Leading family support policies● 100% employer covered insurance● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code● Learning and wellness subscription stipend● Company-sponsored 401k match● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
More jobs like this
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, … Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 70K - 85K USD 70K+
Product Specialist (Data Analytics)Agile Computer Science Data Analytics Data governance Data warehouse Engineering Excel +9
Health care Insurance Medical leave
Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 142K - 250K USD 142K+
Manager, Data Analytics (Remote)Business Intelligence Data Analytics Engineering Mathematics OKR Predictive modeling Snowflake +2
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +5
remote, REMOTE, United States remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 51K - 93K USD 51K+
Adtalem Global Education
Senior Data Analyst, Marketing & EnrollmentBigQuery Business Intelligence Data governance Data visualization Engineering Finance KPIs +5
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +3
East Windsor, NJ, United … East Windsor, NJ, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 92K - 130K * USD 92K+ *
HEDIS Data Analyst @ SpectraMedix, East Windsor, New Jersey (REMOTE / HYBRID)Data analysis Data Analytics Python SQL Tableau
Fitness / gym Health care Salary bonus Team events
St. Petersburg, FL, United … St. Petersburg, FL, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 92K - 130K * USD 92K+ *
Data Analyst (Remote)A/B testing Business Intelligence Data analysis Data quality Data Warehousing E-commerce ETL +7
Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Health care
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs