ML Research Scientist
London, England, United Kingdom - Remote
Genie AIAccess a huge library of high-quality legal templates, guidance from law firms and an AI lawyer all in one place! Legally-sound has never been easier.
Genie AI is a deep learning based software company with a mission to open source the law.
We are disrupting the legal industry by changing the business model ground up.
What Github did with open source code, Instagram and TikTok with entertainment, Airbnb with hospitality, and Uber with travel, Genie is doing with Legal contracts.
We are building a community-based AI law platform.
We have fully flexible working, meaning you can work remotely or in pre-paid co-working spaces of your choice. Apply now as applications close shortly.
About Genie AI
- Welcome! We’re a machine learning startup with a mission to open source the law
- We’ve raised £5 million from the world’s top investors - and now we’re poised for growth!
- We’ve won a £2m Innovate UK government grant in collaboration with Oxford University and Imperial College London to conduct research in explainable AI and also co-authored research papers with them
- In late 2022 we won the Innovate UK government grant meaning we receive an extra £200,000 of funding
- According to Forbes, we're also rated one of the top 29 AI startups in the UK
- We’re backed by top legal pedigree, from Lord Neuberger to Barclays Eagle Labs
- Our customers save on average £15,000 on legal fees per year with Genie
- Instead of paying a law firm, they can use our open sourced legal templates
- These contain guidance from top lawyers, and intelligent insights as you draft
- The result: 400+ companies get their legals done faster and cheaper with Genie
- This isn’t just a SaaS product - we’re redefining the business model of law
- If you’re excited to disrupt a £750bn industry and make history with us - apply below!
Our team & culture
- We are a team of 15 Genies split across product, engineering and business squads
- Our team have published papers & host regular paper clubs
- We love learning! For example, we have regular knowledge sharing days & an unlimited budget for all tech, legal & business books
- We do a range of social events - from hiking to book club to cook-a-long sessions by zoom
- Ask us about our team culture - we have really worked on building a world class team
About the role
We’re looking for an analytical ML Research Scientist with a passion for making positive change and an interest in applying machine learning to law.
- You will work on industry-changing problems such as legal contract generation and review, essentially replicating the work of an experienced lawyer using machine learning
- You will work on advancing state of the art transformer models and generative ML, utilising libraries such as Hugging Face and considering parallelization and efficiency techniques such as quantization
- You will have access to massive scale proprietary legal datasets, as well as plenty of compute power, and the ability to publish academic papers if interested (we have previously published with Oxford University in EM NLP).
- You will primarily work in NLP, though potentially even in multi-modal learning in the broad area of “knowledge work”
- You will develop, train, validate and test a range of models, picking the best one for the job, as well as curate and maintain high quality datasets
- You will develop downstream tasks to fine-tune large scale transformer models, and build automated pipelines to evaluate and manage these models
- You will have access to a team of software engineers to help productionize your models, enabling you to focus on machine learning
- You aim to be the best in your field & don’t compromise on quality
- You are keen to work independently, as well as collaborate with a small, diverse team within an agile & scrum environment
- You are creatively curious, possess an innate inquisitiveness and a mathematical background
- You have experience with NLP (natural language processing) and Machine Learning (fundamentals and Deep Learning) either from a commercial background or from strong academic research (ideally with strong publication within these areas)
- You possess know-how in Machine Learning frameworks such as Tensor Flow, PyTorch
- You have strong knowledge of standard NLP libraries such as SpaCy and NLTK, transformer libraries such as Hugging Face
- You have working experience of training and inference of large scale models, including techniques such as parallelization, quantization, and utilisation of different cloud providers and cloud editors such as Google Colab to AWS Sagemaker or running remote cloud environments
- You have knowledge of how to maximise GPU / TPU usage for speed of training
- You possess architectural knowledge of deep neural nets, for example the self-attention mechanism of transformers, and ability to read and understand machine learning papers
- You are fluent in Python
- You will initially meet our Talent Acquisition Manager, Charlette followed by a Technical chat with one of our Co-Founders Nitish or Rafie. Thereafter you will complete a Technical challenge with a member of our ML team, finishing off with a Culture Interview with our Technical Lead, Daniele
- We look forward to meeting you & having fun throughout the interview process; please turn up as your authentic self & ask us about our Culture, Company events & Big Mission! We can’t wait to meet you!
What do Genies get?
- Generous stock options - we want everyone to share in our success!
- Employee benefits platform where you can get free plants, food deliveries, yoga, electronics, wellbeing sessions and more
- Unlimited budget for business, law, or technology books
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions
- Regular team lunches, dinners & strategy days!
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up a home working environment, including a top of the range laptop, monitor wireless keyboard, mouse & office chair
- Individual £500 L&D budget annually plus 5 days off to take part in any learning
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave for both parents
- Cycle to work scheme
- Numerous guilds to join including Hiking Club, The Band, Gaming Club, Book Club & more!
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we’re committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background & race.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom … London, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 80K - 129K * USD 80K+ *
Forward Deployed Machine Learning Engineer - LondonComputer Vision Data management Engineering Keras Machine Learning ML models MLOps +6
Career development Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs