As a Data Engineer, working in our Business Technology - Data and Analytics team, you will be working cross-functionally with business domain experts, analytics, and engineering teams to design and build data pipelines for our Data Warehouse. The data pipelines you build and maintain will enable our business partners and decision makers to get actionable insights from our Product and Corporate Systems. You would also be responsible for enhancing and maintaining our data warehouse.
This is a great role for people passionate about working with data and data systems, and who love solving problems. It is for people who love technical challenges and are always looking for ways to improve existing software, processes and infrastructure. They are self-starters, detail and quality oriented.
In short, we are looking for someone who takes pride in the craft and wants to be part of a team of talented data engineers and architects working to further Slack’s growth. If this role has your name written all over it, please contact us with a resume so that we can explore further.
- Design and build data pipelines from various cloud data sources for the enterprise data warehouse
- Partner with Data Engineers, Data architects, domain experts, data analysts and other teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Own and document data pipelines and data lineage
- Support and Maintain analytics tech ecosystem (data warehouse, ETL and BI tools)
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and ensure application of standards and best practices
- BS degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer or a similar role.
- 2+ years of experience working with marketing data analytics or sourcing data from marketing systems
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
- Hands on experience building data pipelines using ETL tools (e.g. Informatica, Matillion, Snaplogic) sourcing data from SaaS applications
- Very strong experience in SQL and dimensional modeling
- Proficiency with Python
- Hands-on experience working with data warehouse technologies (Snowflake, Redshift) and Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Passionate about various technologies including but not limited to SQL/No SQL/MPP databases etc.
- Proficiency in Airflow is a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have many offices worldwide, including in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto, Denver and Pune.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!