Product Manager (P&C Data Management Solutions)
Jersey City, NJ, United States
VeriskThe world's most effective and responsible data analytics company in pursuit of our customers' most strategic opportunities.
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk is hiring a Product Manager to join the team responsible for developing and supporting strategic data partnerships with our clients. As a Product Manager, you will help shape and drive our product and go-to-market strategies. You will work closely with product, sales and technology teams to propose client solutions that range from traditional outsourcing methods, including managed / professional services partnership, to a more strategic data management relationship.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Serve as the focal point for onboarding new customers
- Develop and implement strategies for expanding business opportunities with existing Clients. This includes developing account business plans, identifying sales opportunities, and implementing Client strategies
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop product messaging and positioning collateral that focus on key features, benefits, and proof points to help articulate the value of the offering
- Develop and manage Statements of Work and contractual agreements
- Provide regular reporting of billable hours and services revenue; ensure all targets are achieved
- Monitor and evaluate existing client needs while working closely with the product delivery team for successful client implementations and account stewardship
- Act as a business partner across the different key functional areas, including regulatory (statistical reporting) and data operations, technology, client strategy and insights.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Regular travel required approximately 15-20%
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- Leadership or comparable experience in a similar industry focused on data management and analytics
- Proven experience implementing data management and reporting solutions at scale, and knowledge of the insurance data lifecyle
- Experience in consultative engagements with client business and technology stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated effectiveness and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Superior public speaking and presentation skills in both sales support and training environments. Ability and experience with tailoring messages to all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executives
- Provide extraordinary client support with a passionate commitment
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Windows and Office. Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Business consulting experience
- Significant P&C insurance industry experience
- Experience with data management and ISO statistical reporting implementation projects is highly desirable
- Experience with data management technologies (SQL, Python, ETL, Data Warehousing) preferred but not essential
- Product Development experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of ISO Underwriting and Rating Products is a plus
- Insurance association memberships and/or certifications a plus (for example: AIDA, CPCU, IDMA)
Minimal Education and Training Requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Eight plus years’ experience in insurance data system integration and modernization projects, with a strong focus on process optimization, data quality enhancement and successful data delivery
- Knowledge of insurance data operations, regulatory compliance and information management
- Knowledge of insurance data and analytic technique
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale.
We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the 7th consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Seattle, USA Seattle, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 356K USD 192K+
Sr. Staff Engineer, Data, Integration & Orchestration Systems (FTS, Fulfillment and Transportation System)Agile AWS Data analysis E-commerce Engineering Testing
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +8
Denver, CO, United States Denver, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 200K USD 115K+
Lead Data Architect (AWS, Azure, GCP)Airflow AWS Azure Consulting Databricks Dataflow Data governance +15
401(k) matching Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance +1
Remote - USA Remote - USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (Remote Positions Available)Agile AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data management Data pipelines Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Home office stipend +4
Mountain View, USA Mountain View, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 356K USD 192K+
Senior Staff Engineer – Global Operation Data Science (GODS)Agile AWS Computer Science Distributed Systems E-commerce Engineering Git +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flexible spending account Flex vacation +6
Columbus, OH, United States Columbus, OH, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (AWS, Azure, GCP)AWS Azure Big Data BigQuery CI/CD Databricks Data pipelines +25
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance Wellness
Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 142K - 250K USD 142K+
Manager, Data Analytics (Remote)Business Intelligence Data Analytics Engineering Mathematics OKR Predictive modeling Snowflake +2
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs