Autonomy Computer Vision Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Gecko Robotics, Inc.Discover how Gecko Robotics provides unprecedented visibility into asset health of critical infrastructure through robotic inspections and software solutions.
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
Gecko’s operations and services are growing to new industries and locations. Each quarter, we enter an industry requiring us to scan assets of higher topological complexity and scale. The need for automating parts of the data collection is increasing. The autonomy team aims to improve our operational process by enhancing the robot's position estimation with respect to the asset and automating the robot's motion.
As part of the autonomy team, you will be contributing to solving the localization problem. The localization stack consists of multiple sensor subsystems, including - IMU, encoders, cameras, and range-based sensors. These sensors feed into our sensor fusion and graph-based localization algorithms.
What will you do?
As an experienced member of the autonomy team, you will be responsible for developing the perception and machine learning pipeline, graph-based localization techniques, and associated sensor subsystems.
- Research and develop the vision/perception pipeline for camera and range-based sensors.
- Research and develop graph-based optimization techniques for localization (SLAM).
- Maintain the deployment pipeline for the vision repositories, emphasizing CI/CD practices.
- Deploy and demonstrate your system in the field.
Technologies We Use
The localization stack is primarily in Linux, with some sensors requiring other extended platforms. We are currently using ROS as our interprocess communication pipeline. Exposure to the following technologies and skills is preferred -
- Experience with Linux and command-line tools.
- Familiarity with DevOps or CI/CD – GitHub automation and docker or Jenkins.
- 4+ years of production-focused C++ software development experience. Strong background in modern C++ ( C++11 and beyond).
- Experience with ROS/2 and perception libraries, including but not limited to - OpenCV, PCL, and Eigen.
- Strong background in at least two of the following:
- 3D and projective geometry.
- Deep learning/machine learning for computer vision.
- Practical applications of classical computer vision and machine learning techniques.
We would like to hear from you if you have experience building software architecture comprising multiple subsystems designed for iterative development. Enjoy the process of characterizing the performance of your work and the impact it creates on deployment.
- Understand the theory, live the practice - how it should work and how to get it to work.
- Software engineer by trade, a problem solver at the core.
- Real-world experience in building and maintaining software production environments.
- Desire to have a high impact at a fast-moving startup as a key contributor on a new project and fast-growing team.
- Strong passion for learning and growth. Open to new ideas and technologies. For instance - DevOps practices and continuous feedback.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or closely related field (or equivalent experience).
- High self-motivation and love of self-directed learning.
- Open/unlimited PTO
- Stock options/equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Parental Leave
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Seattle, USA Seattle, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 356K USD 192K+
Sr. Staff Engineer, Data, Integration & Orchestration Systems (FTS, Fulfillment and Transportation System)Agile AWS Data analysis E-commerce Engineering Testing
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +8
Nashville, Tennessee, United States … Nashville, Tennessee, United States - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Data EngineerAgile Azure Computer Science Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care +3
Dayton, OH-Customer Site Dayton, OH-Customer Site Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 131K - 201K * USD 131K+ *
Machine Learning EngineerComputer Science Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning NLP Open Source +9
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Remote - USA Remote - USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (Remote Positions Available)Agile AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data management Data pipelines Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Home office stipend +4
Mountain View, USA Mountain View, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 356K USD 192K+
Senior Staff Engineer – Global Operation Data Science (GODS)Agile AWS Computer Science Distributed Systems E-commerce Engineering Git +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flexible spending account Flex vacation +6
Columbus, OH, United States Columbus, OH, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (AWS, Azure, GCP)AWS Azure Big Data BigQuery CI/CD Databricks Data pipelines +25
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance Wellness
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs