Lead AI Programmer
Gateshead, United Kingdom
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Bifrost is a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Provide mentorship, direction and best in class engineering principles to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
- Mentoring, managing and leading the AI programming department.
- Conduct regular code reviews and manage the coding team to excellence.
- Work very closely with the Creative Director and other leads to understand and establish the vision and evangelise this to the team.
- Work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the AI features being implemented.
- Work across multiple disciplines on the behaviors of a large variety of non-player characters, bringing to life memorable enemies (including bosses!) of all shapes and sizes.
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools in cooperation with other internal studios or programmers.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to create believable characters and environments.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document implementations and set a standard for AI team.
- Expert in C/C++ and object-oriented programming with a strong 3D math background.
- A good understanding of modern AI techniques as used in AAA games and excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience building and delivering at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- Experience leading a team in programming movement, navigation, and decision-making AI.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Game designer's creativity.
- Keen analytical mind.
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code.
- High work ethic.
- Passion for games.
Nice to have:
- Unreal Engine 4 knowledge.
- Experience working on a mod/title on the Unreal Engine.
- Performance and optimization skills.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 102K - 230K * USD 102K+ *
Head of Data GovernanceBusiness Intelligence Databricks Data governance Data management Data quality Data Studio SQL
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Medical leave +3
Remote Spain Remote Spain Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 90K - 173K * USD 90K+ *
Lead Data Scientist, iOS PodComputer Science Data pipelines Data quality Engineering Genetics Machine Learning Mathematics +2
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs