Software Data Engineer
EurofinsWorld leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services; 61,000 staff across a network of more than 1,000 independent companies (940 laboratories) in 59 countries, offering over 200,000 analytical methods.
Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment. Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Our global and diverse network of companies offers a stimulating start-up environment with fast track careers. As a part of Eurofins, you will contribute to making science and innovation happen every day!
How can you contribute?
We are looking to grow our Observability Engineering team based in Dublin, with a focus on supporting our global software teams. The aim of Observability Engineering is to deliver data and knowledge to promote excellence in software development through analysing performance data, educating staff and utilizing performance improvement methodology using the support of leadership and staff empowerment.
Your main role will be to maintain and further development of data pipeline, to develop analytical layer by implementing .NET and Python services, and building visualization.
As a Software Data Engineer at Eurofins, you will:
- Lead development of data-oriented services enabling application monitoring for business critical applications;
- Collaborate with other engineering teams in defining Standards and Governance;
- Collaborate with architects to define their technology transition into the Cloud;
- Define and standardise tooling and improve software performance metrics;
- Consult with business and other IT teams to build new channels between development and operations teams.
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
- Bachelor Degree in Computing or similar related qualification/working experience;
- Experience working with .NET (C#) is required;
- Experience in Python development is required;
- Analytical approach towards data area (e.g. gathering requirements);
- Good familiarity with algorithms and data structures (e.g. trees, graphs);
- Experience in building data-driven application and data engineering (i.e. building data pipeline, data orchestration);
- Familiarity with data scientific tools is a strong advantage (i.e. NLP, Keras, etc.);
- Familiarity with Elastic stack is a strong advantage;
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases is an advantage;
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Docker is an advantage;
- Hands-on experience in implementing SOLID principles is an advantage;
- Good mathematical and statistical background is desirable;
- Basic React knowledge is a plus;
- Working with/designing different domain-specific languages (DSL) is a plus;
- Experience in working with distributed teams or offshore teams is a plus;
- Strong English language skills (written/oral) required. Knowledge of another language is a plus.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary package, including bonus and benefits;
- Extensive on-the-job coaching and training opportunities;
- Challenges within a multi-cultural and cross-regional team as part of the international and fast-growing Eurofins organization;
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are highly encouraged;
- 100% fully REMOTE working situation.
As the role and Eurofins' IT Talent Acquisition team are international, please ensure to submit your application in English.
Want to know more about us?
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 940 laboratories in 59 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products. In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Sydney, New South Wales, … Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 44K - 83K * USD 44K+ *
Backend Engineer - Machine Learning ML Platform - Open to remote across ANZAWS Computer Science CUDA Distributed Systems ECS Engineering GPU +8
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Parental leave Pet friendly +6
Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland … Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Elixir Chatbot Developer (Remote)A/B testing Agile APIs BigQuery Computer Science Elixir Engineering +4
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Madrid, Community of Madrid, … Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelEUR 55K - 62K EUR 55K+
Data Engineer - Fintech - Remote SpainAirflow AWS Data pipelines Data quality Docker Engineering FinTech +8
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +5
North/South America/Europe/Africa North/South America/Europe/Africa Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Data Engineer, DiscoveryAPIs Blockchain Computer Science Crypto DevOps Engineering Machine Learning +1
Home office stipend Startup environment Team events Unlimited paid time off Wellness
London, England, United Kingdom … London, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelGBP 52K - 55K GBP 52K+
Data Engineer - Fintech - Remote UKAirflow AWS Data pipelines Data quality Docker Engineering FinTech +8
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs