3D Perception and Deep Learning - Intern
Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Bosch GroupMoving stories and inspiring interviews. Experience the meaning of "invented for life" by Bosch completely new. Visit our international website.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is a part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 employees worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history spanning over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is dedicated to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields, primarily in the field of artificial intelligence (for example, human-assisted AI, natural language processing, robotics, 3D perception, and AI platform), energy technologies, internet technologies, circuit design, semiconductors and wireless, as well as advanced MEMS design.
Our global research on human-machine intelligence focuses on Big Data Visual Analytics, Explainable AI (XAI), Audio Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Knowledge Engineering, XR/AR/MR, 3D Perception, and Cloud Robotics. We develop intelligent and trustworthy AIoT solutions to enable inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, driver assistance systems (ADAS), robotics, smart manufacturing, health care, smart home and building solutions.
As a part of our global research unit, our Mixed Reality and Autonomous System group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies and prototype systems in the field of mixed reality and robotics, including object detection, segmentation, tracking and pose estimation, 3D reconstruction and understanding, visual localization, sensor fusion, reinforcement learning and adaptive robot control. We focus on developing innovative solutions to hard challenges in computer vision, mixed reality, and robotics, needed for human machine collaboration in intelligent and autonomous systems. We work with internal partners of different Bosch business units to transfer our solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, IROS, RSS, ISMAR, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, and SIGGRAPH.
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in 3D perception and machine learning to address challenges in mixed reality and autonomous systems.
- Apply research results to real-world applications with high quality implementation
- Integrate the resulting system/software into existing Bosch platform
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions
- Ph.D. student in Computer Science or related fields (Must be a current student or recent graduate – less than 1 year)
- Hands-on experience on developing computer vision and machine learning algorithms with focus on at least two of the following areas: object detection/segmentation, 3D scene understanding, autonomous driving, mixed reality, localization, SfM, and sensor fusion.
- Solid python and/pr C++ programming skills and proficient with libraries such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, and PyTorch.
- Publication record in top venues including CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, ISMAR, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, TVCG, SIGGRAPH.
- Experience in working with hardware systems including sensors such as RGBD cameras, depth sensors, IMU, LIDAR, etc.
- Familiar with SOTA vison and learning methods of self-supervised learning, ViT, GAN, NeRF, Diffusion, vision-language modeling, and so on.
- Able to work independently, has strong research and problem-solving skills
- Strong background in math and statistics is a plus.
- Good communication and teamwork skills
The U.S. base salary range for this intern position is $34.00-$66.00 hourly. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on several factors, including, but not limited to, type of degree, work experience and job knowledge, complexity of the role, type of position, job location, etc. Your Hiring Manager can share more details about the specific salary range for this position during the interview process.
- Major(s): Computer Science or related fields
- Degree level: Ph.D. Candidates
- Start Date: May 2023
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Tags: 3D Reconstruction Autonomous Driving Big Data Circuit Design Computer Science Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering ICLR Lidar Machine intelligence Machine Learning Mathematics NeurIPS NLP OpenCV Python PyTorch Research Robotics Statistics STEM TensorFlow UX
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs