Senior Data Science Manager - Pricing/Promotions (Remote, Americas)
Remote, OR, United States
ShopifyTry Shopify free and start a business or grow an existing one. Get more than ecommerce software with tools to manage every part of your business.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
We are looking for a well-rounded Senior Data Science Manager with experience in pricing and incentive optimization to own projects whose scope impacts multiple disciplines and domains at Shopify. They will be responsible for deliverables that have implications on multiple product or service lines within Shopify’s plans & pricing organization. As a Senior Manager, they will grow not just individuals, but the leaders and teams that report into them.
- Use your experience in pricing optimization to define and implement plans & pricing strategies for Shopify.
- Lead pricing and incentive experimentation work.
- Define and guide the short-term and long-term data strategy for the money service line.
- Partner with other functional teams such as Engineering, Product, & Design to identify unsolved user and business needs resulting in data powered solutions that scale.
- Provide technical leadership to our data science teams and lead them as they analyze data, implement statistical techniques, create data visualizations, and build data pipelines (using Python, Spark, SQL, Mode, Tableau...etc).
- Cultivate a data-informed culture and deliver meaningful insights that drive product roadmaps and optimize business strategies.
- Drive excellent practices for establishing metrics & KPIs to drive cross-functional alignment.
- Collaborate with peer leaders in the product line Data Science team (and the broader Data org) to improve and drive the group-wide Data Science & Engineering vision.
- Documented experience in pricing optimization and defining pricing strategy through advanced analytics and data science efforts.
- Experience in driving customer growth through pricing optimization and experimentation.
- Been a leader in multiple tech companies where analytics on top of massive data sets drives product & business decisions.
- Previously managed other managers and can oscillate your leadership style relative to the needs of individual contributors that are also on your team.
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A product mindset that enables you to get to the root of problems faced by customers and users and to create data solutions and products to solve these challenges.
It would be great if you have experience with:
- Cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS
- Large-scale data-platform tools:
- Data Storage and Access: HDFS, Presto
- Data processing/integration: Kafka, Spark
- Analytics Datastores: AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery
- Visualization: D3, Mode Analytics, Tableau
- Programming languages: Python, Scala
- SQL and debugging SQL queries
- Analytical techniques:
- Background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale, including in the areas of price elasticity modeling and experimentation
- Experimentation: A/B test design and analysis, quasi-experiments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. And remember, we want to know what you’re really interested in building and why you want to build it at Shopify, so please give us as much detail on this as you’d like in the answers on the next page. 👍 📖
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
#LI-KO3 #LI-REMOTE #LI-AH1
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Denver, CO, United States Denver, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 200K USD 115K+
Lead Data Architect (AWS, Azure, GCP)Airflow AWS Azure Consulting Databricks Dataflow Data governance +15
401(k) matching Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance +1
Remote - USA Remote - USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (Remote Positions Available)Agile AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data management Data pipelines Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Home office stipend +4
Columbus, OH, United States Columbus, OH, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (AWS, Azure, GCP)AWS Azure Big Data BigQuery CI/CD Databricks Data pipelines +25
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance Wellness
Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 142K - 250K USD 142K+
Manager, Data Analytics (Remote)Business Intelligence Data Analytics Engineering Mathematics OKR Predictive modeling Snowflake +2
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +5
United States United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
The Athletic Media Company
Manager, Data Engineering (Remote)Airflow AWS Data Analytics Data pipelines Data visualization Engineering ETL +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +3
Remote, REMOTE, United States Remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 133K - 241K USD 133K+
Adtalem Global Education
Senior Director, Data ScienceAgile AWS Azure Computer Science Data Analytics Engineering GCP +11
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 188K - 318K USD 188K+
Senior / Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Ads TargetingDeep Learning Elasticsearch Engineering Feature engineering Keras Machine Learning NLP +7
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs