Data Engineering Project Manager
New York City
CasperGet the sleep you've always dreamed of. Casper's award-winning mattresses, sheets & more are quality-crafted and ethically built in the USA. Free shipping & returns!
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a passionate Project Manager to join our Data Engineering team!
A successful candidate will have experience working as part of an engineering team that reliably delivers technology solutions to meet business needs, thanks in large part to their ability to focus the team on prioritizing the most impactful, valuable work in the most effective way possible.
The candidate will be responsible for defining and translating business strategy into actionable project plans and coordinating project execution through all phases of the work. They will possess a strong attention to detail, bring simplified solutions to complex problems, and can deal with ambiguity while understanding and advocating for priorities.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Leverage project management best practices to ensure delivery excellence through all phases of the project. Communicate clear timelines and deliver against them.
- Drive clarity and alignment around key business needs, helping align business stakeholders around strategic roadmaps and technology enablement
- Collaborate with stakeholders across retail, ecommerce, operations, and finance to capture and translate business needs into actionable plans
- Effectively build and manage stakeholder relationships by setting clear expectations, managing the intake and prioritization of new work, organizing the appropriate project-based rituals, and communicating proactively through it all
- Identify and manage project roadblocks and risks; look across the organization to highlight data dependencies and raise visibility where appropriate
- Dive deep where necessary to keep a project moving, analyzing data, designing reports, and creating project artifacts and deliverables
- Drive the development of exceptional data experiences across the entire organization
- This role is remote open to any United States based candidates.
Our dream candidate has...
- 2+ years of experience managing large cross-functional technology projects
- Experience working with business intelligence and data visualization tools in Retail, Ecommerce, Wholesale, or Supply Chain. Looker is a plus.
- Proven track record of developing strong partnership with teams across the organization
- Excellent proficiency in SQL
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical information in a concise and compelling manner to a variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
Nice to have...
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
- Good understanding of traditional data warehouse and ELT/ETL process
- Practical experience in Python or Java a plus
The syrup on your waffles
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Company’s COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state and local laws and legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.
More jobs like this
Remote - USA Remote - USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (Remote Positions Available)Agile AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data management Data pipelines Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Home office stipend +4
Columbus, OH, United States Columbus, OH, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (AWS, Azure, GCP)AWS Azure Big Data BigQuery CI/CD Databricks Data pipelines +25
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance Wellness
Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 142K - 250K USD 142K+
Manager, Data Analytics (Remote)Business Intelligence Data Analytics Engineering Mathematics OKR Predictive modeling Snowflake +2
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +5
Remote - U.S. Based Remote - U.S. Based Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Principal Software Engineer, Natural Language ProcessingComputer Science Conversational AI Deep Learning Django Docker Flask Kubernetes +9
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Health care +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs