Junior Data Scientist for search project
Number 1 in Europe!
zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today it is Europe's leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate and a revenue about 1.111 million Euro in 2017, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 29 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce.
Our employees are the key to our success!
The zooplus team currently consists of 500 interdisciplinary specialists and managers from more than 40 countries who work at 11 international sites in the Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations and Administration departments. So we can remain successful against our competitors in the future too, we are looking for individuals who can develop our business and help create a positive corporate culture by not only demonstrating versatile professional and methodological expertise, but also by showing a passion for performance, analysis and a solution-based approach. This includes dealing with rapid changes, intensive networking and an in-depth understanding of technology, the digital market and the business model's value-added chain.
- Working with other data scientists and engineers to design and implement new internal search solution
- Developing infrastructure for cleaning and processing data and running experiments to evaluate system performance
- Performing error analysis and suggesting and implementing improvements
- Participating in development and design of the internal recommendation system
- Communication of your results to stakeholders
- Creation of a new information retrieval system to enable semantic search using multiple document interpretations
- Automatic extraction of causal knowledge from varied information sources such as product descriptions, magazine articles, etc.
- University degree computer science, mathematics or similar
- Experience working with data
- Being familiar with core Machine Learning concepts and being able to code them
- Being familiar with data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Ability and desire to go through large amounts of unstructured information to discover trends and patterns
- Experience with any Python/Scala/Lua and familiarity with modern Deep Learning Frameworks such as Pytorch or Tensorflow or MXNet
- Willingness to provide tangible outcomes delivered to stakeholders
- Structured and solution-oriented way of working
- Team player who likes to work in a dynamic work environment
- Desire to work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Desire to take part in design and hands-on implementation of recommendation systems
- Desire to take part in design and hands-on implementation of personalized search solution with semantic understanding
- Desire and ability to read, understand and apply scientific research papers
What We Are Offering You
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance with a dental plan
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks and fresh fruit
- Discount in Zooplus shop