(Junior) Data Engineer
Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Region De, BE
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact! We would love to welcome you to our growing team exposing you to lots of opportunities. I hope you are as excited as we are!
For the Engineering Department at IBM Services in Brussels, we are looking for a Junior Data Engineer with solid knowledge of Business Intelligence.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our clients’ data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and noSQL.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Our working environment: dynamic, varied and fast-paced, and one in which continuous learning is a minimum requirement. Guided by your career coach, your role and career will evolve based on your own interests, your experience, and the market needs. That’s because we believe that a job in IT is not static: IBM’ers are innovators and curious specialists; people who continue to grow in order to stay among the very best in their field.
'-Working SQL and noSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
- You are familiar with Python and Java
- Your knowledge of technologies includes ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL and SpringBoot
- Some experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Knowledge of performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets;
- Knowledge of building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Knowledge of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queueing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You speak either French or Dutch as your main language, as well as being fluent in English. If you speak all three that will be a bonus.
What is in it for you
Firstly, we guarantee a challenging job with a lot of variety and a personalized career path. Secondly, we are very keen on adding you to the E.D.-family of hardworking and driven techies.
You have access to a high-tech environment with lots of learning opportunities and to the very latest technologies such as Cloud, Chatbots, Cognitive, Automation, DevOps, AppOps, Blockchain, and more. And that makes us proud! We welcome you into our talent network of technical leaders and innovators from all over the world!
This all includes a permanent contract and a competitive salary package with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, smartphone, insurance package, lunch vouchers, ... and 33 days of vacation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Big Data Business Intelligence Consulting Engineering Java NoSQL Python Research SQL