Posted 7 months ago
Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides collaborative infrastructure for these communities. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
Unite Us seeks an experienced, multi-faceted Data Scientist, to be a part of our Data Analytics team. Unite Us brings health care and social services together into a single, integrated network. We believe the network creates value beyond the sum of its parts, and our data science mission is to measure and enhance that impact. The ideal Data Scientist candidate will combine thorough understanding of both descriptive and predictive analytics and will have the skills necessary to communicate the value of that work to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Data Analytics team supports functions across Unite Us including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing. Deliverables will be both client-facing and internal and will range from client reporting, to impact analysis, to predictive modeling. The Data Scientist needs to be a strong team player, as well as influencer within the company and beyond. This position combines a unique blend of leadership and practical quantitative output. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a person who loves numbers, has strong business acumen and communication skills, and is a born change-maker.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify data benchmarks and social care ROI that can be leveraged across the company - you will be supporting Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
- Develop predictive analytics capabilities by identifying and leveraging both internal and external data sources and creating tools that support referral decision-making, calculate risk scores and identify client needs.
- Transform data captured by our health systems partners to power the Unite Us platform by identifying key insights.
- Partner with Business Development, Product and Engineering to understand our partners and the health and social care data landscape.
- This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team focused on social data expansion across the country; helping health systems, health plans and CBOs realize their SDOH data strategy.
- 3+ years experience with modern programming languages (Python, R, SQL) and tools/libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc) used in data science.
- Robust understanding of the statistical foundation of machine learning and experience with experiment design and causal inference.
- Comfort with geospatial analysis techniques.
- Experience scaling work from R&D to a production predictive pipeline built on a modern stack.
- Experience with healthcare data and analytics is preferred.
- You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You love numbers, and have an orientation to find practical solutions to complex problems
- You like to teach others, have strong communication skills and experience briefing leadership on outcomes and recommendations
- You are flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- You have a passion for working with data and understanding how it can be turned into products.
- You have a get it done mentality, self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of individuals with different backgrounds and skill sets
- You are a strong communicator with an ability to adapt communication style across stakeholders, both internal and external, with varying levels of seniority
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in Analytics or Data Science, including experience managing teams. Growth company experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with health data, or in a healthcare related field preferred.
- Degree in quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, math, data science. Advanced degree preferred.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is remote
- This position requires 10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs