Lead Computer Vision Engineer
San Francisco, CA
The Lead Computer Vision Engineer will be leading the copywriting ML team to automatically generate descriptions for each of our products. This person will drive the technical direction of the copywriting ML team and work closely with the engineering and product partners.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Design and test machine learning models to create highly accurate systems used in operations
- Write production quality code
- Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product
- Mentor team members to build the company’s overall expertise
- Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day
What You Bring To The Role
- Quantitative degree
- 5+ years experience in a data role
- 5+ years experience in building and evaluating machine learning & deep learning models
- 5+ years experience putting machine learning models into production
- 2+ years experience designing computer vision models in a commercial setting
- Experience with big data tools (Apache Beam, Spark, Etc)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS/GCP
- Fluency in Python
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.