Data Scientist - Security
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
- Provide technical and thought leadership designing, testing and implementing methodologies to forecast and monitor metric time series.
- Develop algorithms to detect anomalies, assess risks/threats, and core metric fluctuations with our Security team.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to understand unexpected metric movements and communicate results to other data scientists, product managers and company leadership.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs and help build data products that inform our Security posture and strategy.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling
- 5+ years writing SQL statements.
- Expertise in one of Python, R, Julia; if R or Julia, candidate must be able to make algorithms scale.
- Working knowledge of at least one modeling framework (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, SAS, R, MATLAB)
- Familiarity with basic classes of ML algorithms, concepts in feature extraction and selection.
- Ability to communicate your analysis with clarity and precision.
- Experience implementing statistical models in production-grade code.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience with data visualization.
- 4+ years experience using Python.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?