Retail Data Analyst
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a Retail Data Analyst to join our Takealot Retail team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Head of Merchant Analytics
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Perform data analysis to support the business performance of Merchant (Retail and Marketplace). This will include descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive analytics to identify, understand and influence commercial KPIs (discoverability, conversion rate, sales, profitability, stock health)
- Perform process analysis and design changes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency across all areas of Merchant.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheet-based prototypes or proof-of-concept tools to rapidly improve processes.
- Support the planning & budgeting of all Merchant metrics.
- Build and maintain Budget and Planning processes
- Coordinate planning activities according to a strict timeline between various stakeholders internal and external to Merchant, including Finance, Marketing and Supply Chain.
- Perform the planning of certain secondary Merchant metrics using appropriate methods
- Gather and consolidate inputs from the various stakeholders and publish the plans through the applicable channels.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Systems thinker with the ability to understand and break down complex problems and relationships
- Creative and practical problem-solving skills. Solution-oriented.
- Highly capable of working with large and complex data sets using appropriate tools. MySQL, Bigquery, R, Python, Excel, Google Sheets and Qlikview/QlikSense are examples of the tools we use regularly
- Good communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Fast learner and ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritisation skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Commerce, or similar
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all. We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume
- Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours
- Always questioning the status quo
- Not averse to risk
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference