Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You are a Data Analyst, who will be responsible for the management of all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in an IT solution
An ambitious individual who can work under your own direction towards agreed targets and goals, you have the ability to manage change and to work under stress. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge. You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. We seek an applicant who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for the management of all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in an IT solution
- Have a scope that spans the full information management life-cycle from data acquisition, data cleansing, transformation, classification and storage to presentation, distribution, security, privacy and archiving
- Be involved with databases (relational and multidimensional), taxonomies and business intelligence
- Craft centralized or distributed systems that both address the user's requirements and perform efficiently and effectively
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data system
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Develop data reconciliation reports to ensure accuracy of ETL Processes and ensure data parity across multiple systems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years of relevant years of experience in developing complex SQL queries
- Ability to debug/performance tune SQL and maintain multiple Databases including development / testing and Production
- Ability to document design changes to databases
- Familiarity with daily scrums and comfortable to work closely with leads, scrum master and product owners to provide timely status updates
- Ability to prepare & install scripts and code promotion procedure as well as build automation
- Exposure to designing Physical Data Models, Logical Modes and Modeling Techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Business Intelligence Engagement Model
- Knowledge of Design Information System Architecture.
- Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Business Intelligence Consulting Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Scrum Security SQL