Staff Data Analyst
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Twilio’s Risk Platform team is looking for a curious and action-oriented analyst with a passion for protecting consumers from fraudulent communications. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating complex problems, determining the right data to focus on and able to derive insights and recommendations based on data. This role interacts with stakeholders throughout the organization in helping inform product, risk, and operations strategy.
Twilio is looking for an outstanding, energetic, and curious Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of professional experience performing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports, and working with business partners to convert ambiguous, messy data into tangible and actionable results that influence anti-fraud decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically and initiate, refine, and complete projects with minimal guidance in an often ambiguous environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level experience working with SQL and relational data (5+ years on a regular basis). Experience with unstructured data is a plus.
- Extensive experience visualizing data for effective consumption by a variety of audiences. Strong Looker (LookML) skills preferred.
- Experience in data preparation processes such as data extraction, cleansing, mapping, loading and operationalizing workflows in production.
- Experience in telephony, email, messaging, social media, or other electronic communications is a plus.
- Experience in fraud / abuse prevention and investigation is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, and distributed computing (Hive/Presto) is a plus
- Experience in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation and analysis, including predictive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, and causal analysis is a plus.
As a Risk Analyst, you will be a thought partner with the product team, solving fraud-related problems and bringing impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, technical systems, and leadership in analytics to enable and scale up analytics programs within the organization. Example responsibilities include:
- Work with product managers to inject data into decision making and planning to increase confidence in anti-fraud outcomes via defining KPI, designing and building reports, dashboards, and assisting with feature ideas for data science teams building predictive models.
- Work closely with the extended fraud operations team to identify current fraud trends, provide insights into fraud issue-priority from aggregated data and dashboards, and generally serve as a data-partner to operations teams.
- Communicate anti-fraud insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels via standardizing and maintaining metrics, models, datasets, and dashboards.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl and Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests and solve the problem with the proper methods and superior execution..
- Be An owner and Write It Down: Own the data from tracking to anti-fraud and overall business impact. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop and document processes to ensure transparency and compliance..
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders and embedded analysts across disparate teams to help think through and plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help create a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient and rely on a single source of truth.