[Summer Internship 2023] Collection Data Analytics Intern
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
At Credit Risk and Collections (“CRC”) in Finance, we are proud to be the gatekeepers of Agoda’s money. Our job is two-fold; help decide who Agoda should advance money to and how to collect what we are owed. As part of this, CRC assesses and manages Agoda’s counterparty credit risk, collects payments and tax invoices for select products globally while also managing relationships with Agoda’s global risk solution providers and debt collection agencies.
Credit Risk and Collections function is looking for Data Analysts to work alongside with business stakeholders on operational innovations and projects that facilitate the availability of actionable data to drive strategic direction. You will be integral in the design and implementation of reliable and actionable business intelligence & automation solutions that enable improved efficiency and accuracy.
Work on various aspects of chargeback and collection including but not limited to processing chargebacks and disputes at scale through the Mastercard infrastructure, data management, preparation of MIS reports and working on collection related back office activities.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Work as a part of the Credit Risk & Collections Data Analytics function in Finance.
- Work on building data sets and providing data visualization with a mindset to optimize recovery of money and employ problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues
- Make data easily accessible for users through dashboards and report automation
- Drive self-service business intelligence by empowering users to adopt existing BI tools (Superset, Metabase, including ETL.)
- Optimize the flow of report generation
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Currently a 3rd-year or below of Business Information Systems, Computer Science or Data Science. Alternative degrees with the right experience and skill set are also acceptable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on logical reasoning.
- Adept in data analysis, deriving insights and MIS reporting
- You are a highly disciplined, proactive, innovative, and naturally inquisitive person.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-paced working environment and result oriented.
It’s Great if you have:
- Basic financial and payment system literacy with the ability to understand collection and chargeback infrastructure would be a great to have.
- Experience in managing process transformations/operational excellence programs
- Experience in tech, eCommerce, consultancy
- Working knowledge of statistical computer languages to perform advanced analytics and automation (Python, R) would be a plus.
#students #1 #summerintern
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs