San Francisco (CA), Shawnee (KS)
RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Engineering team. This role will be based remotely.
RiskIQ uses internet-scale data sets to build complete pictures of our customers’ attack surfaces, allowing us to help them identify, manage, and protect their attack surfaces. Our data engineers connect the disparate data sets together in novel ways to allow us to make connections. They focus on the ongoing quality of our existing data pipelines and on the development of new, high-quality data pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include
- Designing and implementing the data pipelines necessary for our new product development
- Working closely with application developers, architects, and devops engineers to ensure that we produce high-quality code and infrastructure
- Maintaining the high-quality of our data pipelines in production, ensuring that the data quality and performance are good
- 5+ Years writing Java code
- Prior experience with at least one of the following big-data technologies
- Prior experience with Kafka or related quing technologies
- Prior experience developing data pipelines for data sets above 1 TB
- Prior experience with Spring, Hibernate, and SpringBoot
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.