Analytics Engineer for Marcel
Irving, TX, United States
Publicis Re:Sources is the backbone of Publicis Groupe, the world’s third-largest communications group. Formed in 1998 as a small team to service a few Publicis Groupe firms, Publicis Re:Sources has grown to 4,000+ people servicing a global network of prestigious advertising, public relations, media, healthcare and digital marketing agencies. We provide technology solutions and business services including finance, accounting, legal, benefits, procurement, tax, real estate, treasury and risk management to help Publicis Groupe agencies do what they do best: create and innovate for their clients. In addition to providing essential, everyday services to the 86,000+ global Publicis Groupe employees, we build products and support capabilities that advances Publicis Groupe’s long-term growth strategy — taking even the smallest ideas into big concepts and beyond.
In addition to providing essential, everyday services to our agencies, Publicis Re:Sources develops and implements platforms, applications and tools to enhance productivity, encourage collaboration and enable professional and personal development. We continually transform to keep pace with our ever-changing communications industry and thrive on a spirit of innovation felt around the globe. With our support, Publicis Groupe agencies continue to create and deliver award-winning campaigns for their clients.
The company is a premier shared services company serving the financial, technological and administrative needs of U.S.-based business units of the world’s third largest Communications company. With 2021 net revenues of over 10 billion Euros, the parent company specializes in Advertising, Digital, Media buying and consultancy. The parent company is present in over 100+ countries on 5 continents, with 80,000 employees.
Marcel is the AI platform that connects more than 80,000 employees at Publicis Groupe— across geographies, agencies and capabilities. Marcel helps our employees learn, share, create, connect and grow more than ever before. Marcel connects employees to our culture, helps them master new skills, inspires them and tackles diversity and inclusion head on to help build a better world together. It’s a place where we come together every day to amplify each other as one global team.
All of this employee engagement creates over 100 million data points that power our AI-enabled knowledge graph, making the experience even more relevant for employees. And for our clients, our knowledge graph makes Marcel one of the most powerful tools ever invented for finding exactly the right expertise, teams and knowledge that we need to win in the Platform World.
Marcel is a strategic investment in our people and is aimed at being their personal growth engine in this hybrid world. This role is joining the dynamic Marcel team in helping build and evolve this product.
- To advance the application of business intelligence, advanced data analytics, and inform feature prioritization based on user behavioral data for Marcel
- Work with other data scientists, engineers, and product owners to ensure the delivery of all commitments on time and in high quality
- Collaborate with feature teams to understand what parts of the user experience they are looking to better understand using site analytics and first party user reference data
- Ensure analytics tags for new features are developed, tested, and QA’d prior to release and maintained post release
- Be responsible for the setup, continuous maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of dashboards and data deliverables across all internal teams, including infrastructure, development, product teams, and executive leadership
The key accountabilities for this role are, but not limited to;
- Play a critical role in the development and derivation of insights and intelligence across the entire Marcel platform across both web and native mobile
- Maintain Marcel site and mobile app analytics including implementation of tags as well as reporting and dashboarding
- Liaise with product leads to derive insights across the platform and help inform decisions on product roadmap/feature evolution
- Advise on measurement strategy and build measurement frameworks that are aligned to product user journeys
- Work with external stakeholders to provide support to other areas of the organization
- Design and analyze experiments across user experience on the application, as well as over email communications (A/B, multivariate)
- Perform analyses of user data and provide feature teams with an understanding of how users are interacting with their product
- Be able to take tasks that are at times, ambiguous and not so clearly defined, and find the specific requirements by communicating with the appropriate team leads
- Be able to clearly and concisely communicate to senior leadership the complexities of the models that have been built and how they will be used/impact end users.
- Approach issues and new feature development with creative solutions
- Responsible for leading the design and development of all key site and mobile app analytics including tag management and reporting/dashboarding
- Collect requirements from feature teams/product leads and build dashboards in PowerBI/Tableau to help feature teams make data driven decisions
- Build and document analytics tagging specs across the application so that knowledge and the ability to self-serve in site analytics can be distributed across both technical and non-technical audience
- Responsible for the maintenance of dashboards making updates in line with product evolution / new feature releases
- Responsible for establishing best practices and standards
- Write maintainable and efficient code, with clearly documented steps in notebooks in the form of markdown
- Be able to clearly explain findings and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences, including various Publicis Groupe executive leadership
- Follow best practices for test driven environment, continuous integration.
- Design, develop, test and implement end-to-end requirement
- Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate commitment to and comply with all legislation & Publicis Groupe Policies e.g., Janus, GSO and IT policies, etc.
- Actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with all Re:Sources personnel both at a interpersonal level and across all business processes within the wider business environment.
- Actively maintain communication and behavior standards that foster a culture of strong customer and service excellence both within Re:Sources and across all customer and supplier organizations.
Minimum Experience (relevant): 5
Maximum Experience (relevant): 9
Must have the following skills:
- Deep experience working with tag management solutions such as Google Tag Manager (GTM), Adobe Launch (formerly DTM), Tealium, Ensighten, etc.
- Deep experience working with site analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Deep experience working with user behavioral data,such as web analytics (Google/Adobe Analytics)
- Experience/understanding of building analytics variables using server-side values
- Experience implementing mobile app analytics
- Experience building ML models and pipelines using MLflow, AirFlow.
- Experience integrating first and third party data with analytics to drive deeper insights
- Strong understanding of RDBMS data structure, Azure Tables, Blob, and other data sources
- Experience in PowerBI, Tableau
- Understanding of working in cloud development environments (especially Azure, ADF, PySpark, Scala, DataBricks Delta, R, SQL )
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Good to have the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university; Master's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of data science techniques, and experience building, maintaining, and documenting models/advanced analytics techniques
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ADF and PySpark based data pipelines, architectures and data sets on Graph and Azure Datalake.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable Azure based data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of Node.js is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to design, develop, implement complex requirement.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Pro-active support to the business is a key attribute for this role with a customer service focus to link both systems requirements with business outcomes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) currently in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relations.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs