Senior Data Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Posted 7 months ago
Senior Data Engineer - Contino
Contino is changing the game in Data, DevOps, Cloud and Container based consultancy services. We enable enterprise organizations to capture value from their data, streamline their processes, reduce costs and increase efficiencies. We deploy teams to client sites (or remote through video conference) to help change mentalities and approaches by facilitating a DataOps culture through upskilling and pair programming.
We've built an outstanding team of technologists and are an advocate for challenging intelligent and hardworking individuals, like you! We are a team of fun, dedicated and professional people with a keen eye for innovation, curiosity and a love of data and technology.
Please note that after COVID this role requires travel to client sites, but does not require relocation. The typical travel week is Monday-Thursday onsite, Fridays remote. This schedule varies from customer to customer, but you must be comfortable with weekly travel.
Too many people make the mistake of looking at a job description and evaluating themselves against an unrealistic expectation: We want smart people who are able to pivot, learn, and adapt to the moment. If you’re that person, think about a Data role at Contino.
- Minimum 6 years experience with cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data management).
- Experience with AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, Matillion, and AWS Kinesis.
- Experience in designing and implementing AWS Data Platforms with tools such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, SNS and SQS.
- Experience with Snowflake: Engineering, data movement
- Experience in designing and implementing serverless Data Lakes on AWS, GCP and/or Windows Azure.
- Hands-on experience with next generation data architecture, data modelling, and implementation of Cloud and Big Data platforms & analytic applications.
- Understanding Data Science/Data Science processes.
- Strong data architecture, data integration and data manipulation experience.
- Expertise in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop or Spark is highly desirable.
- ETL experience.
- Skill with Java, Python, R or at least one similar language.
- Proficient in at least one data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI) is preferred.
- Previous experience in a tech/lead capacity would be great
- Work to develop the best in class data/DataOps processes for our clients
- Provide the engineering expertise on the ground at client sites, or remotely to build solutions that allow for rapid access to data, providing speed an value to the business
- Analyze, restructure, normalize and deliver data for analysis
- Work with a team of CloudOps, DevOps, and DevSecOps professionals to deliver Data Practice work as part of an integrated offering
- Actively develops appropriate client level relationships
- Drive engagement business value
- Support sales by providing Domain Expertise and participating in sales processes
- Actively participate and provide QA for proposals and SOWs
- Identify opportunities within existing account for extension or expansion
- Contribute assets/content to Contino knowledgebase
- Contribute to thought leadership within the Data Practice and other Practice areas
- Collaborate with the Contino team to accelerate our practice maturity
- Lead in the areas of new data technology and understanding
You enjoy surrounding yourself with hardworking, highly experienced people who will support and push you to be your absolute best. And most meaningful to us, you believe in respect for your ideas and appreciate recognition for hard work and a job well-done.
You also want a competitive salary, 100% company-paid health benefits, a 401(k), ample time off and a company-sponsored professional training budget.
Contino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs