Product Data Analyst, Data Science
Remote - US / Canada
HQ / Remote
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. The engineering organization is looking for a Product Data Analyst who will report into our Data Science group and closely partner with the Product organization to provide best in class analysis and insight generation to help our product managers make better decisions, faster. You’ll also interface with our Analytics Engineering team to put your findings “into production” to ensure that our customers receive ongoing benefits from your work at scale.
GitHub is an exciting place to work joining a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals. This role is an individual contributor role with significant growth potential.
- Work with Product owners to assess metric needs and turn them into relevant, synthesized consumable outputs
- Embed in and build business understanding across product domains leading to effective cross collaborative partnership
- Partner with our Analytics engineering team to develop solutions for ongoing product performance reporting that scale and reduce effort to outcomes
- Develop and automate reports and iteratively build dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for on-going analytical needs
- Leverage relevant product data to track and inform objectives and goals with product partners
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, math, engineering, computer science, economics, business, or a related technical field.
- 2+ years prior relevant experience in an Analytics role covering product or engineering
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to understand different parts of GitHub’s product
- Experience translating requirements into analysis questions that can be directly actioned
- Expertise in writing SQL queries and working with multiple data sets to develop analytical solutions for defined business problems
- Experience with engineering practices around analytical rigor and the ability to make reproducible your analyses
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate analysis into insights that inform business decision making
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new analytical problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead without authority and a strong sense of responsibility
- Experience conducting statistical analysis using Python / R (or equivalent)
- Experience developing and maintaining ETLs (Airflow experience is a big plus)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.