Data Science Associate
As a Data Science Associate, you’ll analyze large proprietary datasets to generate novel business insights and help drive Via’s business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Develop new measurement methodologies and data-driven hypotheses; question existing assumptions and models
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, and present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
Who You Are
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a top-tier university (math, economics, statistics and/or computer science is preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Have 1+ years of experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment. Exceptional recent graduates will also be considered.
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
- Obsessed with data, very strong quantitative and analytical muscle
- Passionate about data visualization, can find the best way to distill large amounts of data into a neat visual representation
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- Self-directed, with a bias for action and data-based decision making
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing, editing and visualization skills
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with the transportation industry is a plus
- Prior role at a startup or similar high-growth environment
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, compliments existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.