Senior AI Research Scientist – Perception and Machine Learning
Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Bosch GroupMoving stories and inspiring interviews. Experience the meaning of "invented for life" by Bosch completely new. Visit our international website.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of AI empowered Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The focus of our global research on Human Machine Collaboration includes Big Data Visual Analytics, Explainable AI, Audio Analytics, NLP, Conversational AI, Mixed Reality and Smart Wearables, etc. We develop intuitive, interactive and intelligent solutions to enable inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, car infotainment and driver assistance systems (ADAS), Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), security systems, smart home and building solutions, health care, and robotics.
As a part of our global research unit, our Mixed Reality and Autonomous System group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies and prototype systems in the field of mixed reality and robotics, including object detection, segmentation, tracking and pose estimation, 3D reconstruction and understanding, visual localization, sensor fusion, reinforcement learning and adaptive robot control. We focus on developing innovative solutions to hard challenges in computer vision, mixed reality, and robotics, needed for human machine collaboration in intelligent and autonomous systems. We work with internal partners of different Bosch business units to transfer our solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, IROS, RSS, ISMAR, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, and SIGGRAPH.
The ideal candidate will passionately drive and further advance innovations in the field of computer vision but not limited to machine learning based approaches. The work includes conducting advanced research and development of novel algorithms and guiding business units to bring innovation ideas to products. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in computer vision and machine learning to address challenges of mixed reality, visual sensing, and robotics for different Bosch application areas.
- Work with an international team of experts to transfer the results of advanced research to Bosch business units. When necessary, build prototypes to verify research ideas.
- Actively scout for the emerging technologies and predict market trends by monitoring tech news, events and seminars.
- Provide expert opinions on relevant technology areas to facilitate strategic planning, R&D roadmap development, and business investment.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years of industry R&D experience for computer vision and machine learning algorithms (e.g., DNN, RNN, GNN, GAN, ViT, and NeRF-like techniques).
- 4+ years hands-on experience in computer vision and deep learning topics with focus on at least two of the following areas: object detection/segmentation, 3D scene understanding, autonomous driving, mixed reality, localization, SfM, sensor fusion, and state estimation.
- Programming experience in C++, Python, or Java and hands-on experience with libraries such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, and PyTorch.
- Publication record in top venues in computer vision and/or machine learning, e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, IROS, RSS, ISMAR, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, and SIGGRAPH.
- Experience in working with hardware systems including sensors such as RGBD cameras, depth sensors, IMU, LIDAR, event cameras, etc.
- Experience in leading R&D project & team dealing with international customers.
- Experience in product development in the above-mentioned areas for consumer/enterprise markets.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent English communication & teamwork skills.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
For more information on our culture and benefits, please visit:
The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $200,000 - $250,000. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on several factors, including, but not limited to, work experience and job knowledge, complexity of the role, job location, etc. Your Recruiter can share more details about the specific salary range for this position during the interview process.
In addition to your base salary, Bosch offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision plans; health savings accounts (HSA); flexible spending accounts; 401(K) retirement plan with an attractive employer match; wellness programs; life insurance; short and long term disability insurance; paid time off; parental leave, adoption assistance; and reimbursement of education expenses. Learn more about our full benefits offerings by visiting: https://www.myboschbenefits.com/public/welcome. Pay ranges included in the postings generally reflect base salary; certain positions may include bonus, commission, or additional benefits.
Tags: 3D Reconstruction Autonomous Driving Big Data Circuit Design Computer Science Computer Vision Conversational AI Deep Learning Engineering Human Machine Interaction ICLR Lidar Machine Learning Mathematics NeurIPS NLP OpenCV Python PyTorch R R&D Research RNN Robotics Security STEM TensorFlow UX
More jobs like this
Remote - US Remote - US Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Manager, Machine Learning InfrastructureComputer Science Computer Vision Engineering Machine Learning ML infrastructure PhD Research +1
Career development Flex hours Health care Startup environment Team events
Louisville, Colorado Louisville, Colorado Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 170K - 272K USD 170K+
Staff Software Engineer - Deep Learning AccelerationComputer Science Computer Vision CUDA Deep Learning HPC Linux MXNet +5
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Salary bonus
Mountain View, USA Mountain View, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 153K - 284K USD 153K+
Staff Machine Learning EngineerAWS Computer Science Deep Learning E-commerce Engineering Machine Learning Mathematics +4
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +8
Dayton, OH-Customer Site Dayton, OH-Customer Site Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 131K - 201K * USD 131K+ *
Machine Learning EngineerComputer Science Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning NLP Open Source +9
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Remote - USA Remote - USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (Remote Positions Available)Agile AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data management Data pipelines Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Home office stipend +4
Chicago, IL, United States Chicago, IL, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 82K - 149K USD 82K+
Adtalem Global Education
Senior Data ScientistConsulting D3 Data Mining Data visualization Econometrics Machine Learning ML models +7
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs