Machine Learning Software Engineer Intern (2021)
San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
With over half a billion rides and counting, Lyft is solving hard problems in a flourishing domain with a lot of data and creative solutions in Marketplace, Mapping, Fraud, Growth and beyond. We're looking to build the next-generation Machine Learning (ML) platform for low-cost, ultra-immersive transportation to improve people’s lives using modern ML with peta-byte scale data. Our Machine Learning Engineers are excited to work on these challenging problems and redefine solutions to directly impact various aspects of Lyft's primary business.
If you are a student with experience in machine learning workflows, passionate about solving challenging problems using data and working in a dynamic, creative, and collaborative environment, this opportunity is for you.Responsibilities:
- Design, build, train and test Machine Learning models
- Write production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Partner with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and fellow ML Engineers to frame Machine Learning problems within the business context
- Analyze experimental and observational data, communicate findings, and promote launch decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Currently in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Deep knowledge of ML libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, MXNet, etc
- Proven ability to effectively turn research ML papers into working code
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- “Engineer at heart” with a high degree of comfort in designing software systems and producing high-quality code
- Demonstrated oral and written interpersonal skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off and 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.