Principal Machine Learning Scientist
San Francisco, CA, Washington, D.C., Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN
Join Rally Health as Principal Machine Learning Scientist. You will build cutting edge healthcare machine learning models.
The work that you will do at Rally will be impactful. It will help users improve health and wellness and help reduce cost of care. We will look to you for contributions to our platform, to our healthcare consumers, and to the future growth of Rally.
Initially, you will create models so that we can provide our consumers with the latest information that impacts their health on a very real and personal level.
Day to day activities
- Work with Product to identify and tune business problems that are well suited for ML.
- Build machine learning models using supervised, and unsupervised techniques.
- Evaluate model performance against KPIs and iterate to improve KPIs.
- Perform ETL tasks to prepare inputs for models and make outputs consumable by other teams.
- Review and provide applicable feedback for models build by fellow team members
- Write production quality code, review code, build production pipelines, and identify and fix any production issues.
- Codify reoccurring modeling patterns and automate applying existing solutions to new problems.
- Working knowledge of Python/Pyspark, Tensorflow and/or Pytorch
- Working knowledge of Spark and tuning Spark jobs performance
- Familiar with supervised machine learning algorithms (e.g. logistic regression, tree-based models), Have solid knowledge of how to tune model performance and diagnose model issues
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Nice to haves
- Familiar with deep learning algorithms, e.g. representation learning, sequence models
- Experience building and deploying scalable machine learning models on large-scale data
- Experience building and maintaining machine learning pipelines. Knowledge of feature engineering, model serialization and model cycle management
- Experience in writing custom Spark transformer and custom Tensorflow/Pytorch model class. Familiar with data API for deep learning models (e.g. Tensorflow/Pytorch-Datasets API)
- Identify and apply proper tools, models or state-of-art techniques to solve challenging predictive problems
- Experience in recommendation system, ads ranking and optimization, NLP, or causal inference modeling
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to select health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.