Interim Lead Data Scientist- Search
We are looking for an Interim Lead Data Scientist to join FARFETCH and help build the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion. You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to help build our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in Search & Discovery. We are looking for someone who is autonomous, with relevant experience in successfully leading teams and supporting people’s development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply advanced Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Information Retrieval (IR) techniques with a focus on search relevance to drive business decisions;
- Mentor and support the development of team members while keeping the focus on goals and deliverables;
- Work closely with the engineering team members to integrate machine learning algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in search, and support innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an experienced Data Scientist who has worked within an E-commerce environment.
- You have significant and proven experience delivering and productionising data science solutions, preferably in a leadership role;
- You have a good understanding of ML basics, and working knowledge in NLP (word embeddings, named-entity recognition, information retrieval) and Search (Elasticsearch, Lucene, relevance matching);
- You are fluent in Python and passionate about ML technologies (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MLflow);
- You have strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- You are interested in keeping up to date with scientific advancements.
Job tags: Engineering Machine Learning ML NLP NumPy Pandas Python PyTorch Research Scikit-Learn SciPy TensorFlow