Product Manager, Personalization (ML/NLP)
San Francisco, CA
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Manager, Personalization, to join our Product team. The Product Manager will lead initiatives around personalization and relevance, focusing on optimizing Grammarly’s writing suggestions to be responsive to a user’s context. The PM will be responsible for setting short- and long-term strategies around the concepts of personalization and relevance, leading execution, experimentation, and productionizing while also working cross-functionally to influence roadmaps across Grammarly.
The unique challenge of this position is to be incredibly empathetic to be able to understand the difficulties people have with communication—while staying at the forefront of the rapidly changing AI/NLP field. You will apply an immense amount of creativity to figure out how to leverage the emerging technology of deep personalization to solve real communication problems that millions of people have every day.
In this role you will:
- Lay the technical foundation to use state-of-the-art ML approaches to personalize a user experience that is already operating at a massive scale.
- Understand how Grammarly can be thoughtful and empathetic of our users' needs and preferences while also delighting them with a differentiated experience that helps them achieve their communication goals.
- Be able to generate business impact at a massive scale through rapid iteration and hypothesis-driven experimentation.
Within your first 30 days you will familiarize yourself with the existing foundation that powers Grammarly. Over time you will start to validate product and technology hypotheses in the space of personalization and relevance. In your first 6 months you will deliver impactful product experiences to millions of users every single day.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Appreciates complex and technical products, elegant user experiences, and how product impacts metrics and growth.
- Understands the complexities of building ML and NLP products; has experience prototyping, iterating on, evaluating and scaling large-scale ML/NLP systems; can connect ML value propositions to actual user problems.
- Understands engineering complexity; has solid tech literacy and pattern recognition for discussing solutions and estimates.
- Can build exceptional, cross-functional relationships across Marketing, Applied Research, Engineering, Computational Linguistics and Analytics teams.
- Has developed and successfully owned key product metrics/indicators that map directly or indirectly to company performance; can analyze and pull meaningful insights from both quantitative and qualitative data.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs