Senior Data Analyst
Who We Are
At their core, Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy coding but also want to balance that with their interest in the key of our business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new passionate team members fresh out of school or with previous professional experience.
You will join the Supply Chain team focused on driving the design, creation and operation of the business infrastructure that supports our operations teams and our business strategy primarily driven by the synergies of the tech and business world.
Whether you’re analyzing sales, inventory or distribution trends or developing new recommendations to tackle business problems, or constructing and optimizing SQL queries, building tables or designing dashboards to represent your findings you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and visualize the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth
- Comprehend, extract, automate processes and model information from complex data sources including sales, operations, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within the Supply Chain organization to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including supplier segmentation and supply chain optimization
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain areas (e.g., Supplier Operations, Warehousing, Logistics) to create and evaluate project ideas and drive their implementation to validate your analytics insight and scale working solutions across our supply chain to achieve meaningful impact
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record
- Numeracy & strong analytical ability
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis a plus
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Tableau
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.).
- Other structured programming languages (Python, R) a plus
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Solution-oriented & curious intellectual mindset and curiosity - We provide fast results, we scope projects and we are always learning
- Strong written and verbal communication with a team player, highly collaborative attitude- We communicate effectively without sugar coating, we focus on helping the team on the most value add projects
- Junior and Senior analysts with e-commerce or supply chain analytics experience a strong plus