Operations Reporting Data Analyst (Governance)
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
About the team
Operations Reporting are responsible for providing data analysis into our support services for retailers, 3rd party support vendors and internal stakeholder groups. Uncover and represent technical and management insights that can be found hidden in disparate data sources, proactively engaging Transition Analysts / Service Support where appropriate. The ideal candidate will become the team specialist in data integrity / transformation.
What would I be doing?
- Own and manage the control process for authorising access to data / existing reports,including defining access criteria on new projects and implementing a review cycle of existing permissions
- Help define future strategies for how we prepare and store data to ensure the integrity of all data and reports
- Work with Process Management to keep clear and current documentation of all processes
- Measure adherence to processes within Operations Reporting
- Develop, manage and publish KPI’s / Metrics.
- Analyse data on a regular basis to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Provide support and expertise to end users and other team members as required.
- Ad-hoc project work as required and relevant to master data maintenance process.
- Review and maintain solutions for accuracy and optimal efficiency.
- Presenting analysis to stakeholders and a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences as well as responding to questions
- Creation of data structures which must be scalable across multiple data sets and different types of data
- Responsibility for the creation of data connectors / data feeds to ensure data continuity and continued warehousing capability for the team.
- Working knowledge of Data Preparation including optimising data for reporting purposes
What we would like to see
- Experience in an operational data analysis role
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis, natural language processing, or modelling techniques.
- Demonstrated fluency in SQL, and either R or other appropriate tools.
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and data blending techniques
- Proven ability to work with large data sets, the ability scale analysis or algorithms to very large data sets
- Very strong experience in cleaning, interrogating, manipulating and presenting raw data with basic SQL queries and automation to produce meaningful insights. Experience in using Alteryx, Google Sheets and Excel skills is preferable.
- Experience of developing reporting dashboards with visualisation tools such as Tableau to represent data you have analysed.
- Skills to support the preparation of high-quality presentations
- Able to work on your own initiative when required, as well as in a team
- A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Kudos if you also have...
- Solid experience of understanding and reporting Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and / or Service Level Agreements (SLAs) using Service Level Indicators (SLIs)
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- Domain knowledge (e.g. technical support)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.