New Orleans, La
Tulane UniversityOur Vision: Thriving ByWater Cities, coastlines and river basins around the globe that flex and extend with nature – rather than resisting it – to grow and share sustained prosperity for everyone.
Research Scientist in Data science
Tulane University’s ByWater Institute invites applications for a staff research scientist in the field of real-time data analytics to begin in 2022. The scholar will work with ByWater Institute Director Dr. John Sabo and interdisciplinary teams from across Tulane University in support of programs in Data-Driven and Computational Water Sustainability. This position supports and leads projects to develop data-driven decision support tools that assist our public and private sector partners in scoping, strategizing and designing corporate stewardship projects in large river basins across the world.
The successful candidate will work on big data analytics for surface and subsurface model and data integration. Much existing research on big data has focused on “big volume”, which has spawned research and implementation on highly scalable, fault-tolerant data processing. There is a recent realization that big data systems should also be able to absorb and process high-volume incoming data in real time or with low latency so that timely information and insights can be derived for critical applications with real-time constraints. The candidate will investigate the design and optimization of big and fast data analytics systems as applied to collecting, storing and processing field data relevant to monitoring trends and underlying interdependencies in surface and underground water ecosystems across large geographical areas. Work will involve (a) benchmarking large complex spatial-temporal and networked data analytics workloads, (b) innovating in popular large scale data processing and analytics platform, such as Hadoop, Spark, and TensorFlow, with new algorithms for analysis of complex water ecosystems, and (c) optimization under multiple objectives including latency, throughput, and cloud computing cost.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science with a background in high performance computing with strong and demonstrated interest in IoT, Machine Learning, Data integration, and Data Analytics. One or two research papers on related topics, as well as experience of implementation and experimentation with big data systems, are strongly preferred.
Hands on experience with development of Web Apps, deployment and management of high performance and data-intensive compute clusters, running large experiments in those clusters, and development of advanced data management tools will be highly regarded by the screening committee.
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter explaining how prior experience and qualifications are appropriate to the job activities.
- Statement of research accomplishments. Applicants should describe experience and goals related to the research, highlighting strengths of the applicant’s experience. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate their dedication to solving sustainability problems through research and scholarship, capacity to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams, and excellent communication skills. Special emphasis will be placed on candidates who explain how their research would both benefit from and advance ongoing activities in the area of public-private partnerships to solve sustainability problems, who strongly integrate the pursuit of knowledge about earth science and modelling with end users outside of the ivory tower.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume.
- Letters of recommendation. Provide the name, phone number, address, and e-mail address of three references.
More jobs like this
Berkeley, CA Berkeley, CA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 82K - 107K USD 82K+
University of California Berkeley
Assistant Adjunct Professor - Data Science - School of InformationComputer Science Economics Engineering Machine Learning NLP PhD Research +1
Career development Competitive pay Equity Relocation support
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - … Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 120K * USD 56K+ *
Servus Credit Union
Data ScientistAgile Banking Bayesian Classification Clustering Data Analytics Databricks +15
Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +3
Jersey City, NJ, United … Jersey City, NJ, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 73K - 120K * USD 73K+ *
Actuarial Associate - Data Engineering & Analytics Lab (DEAL)Agile Big Data Data analysis Data governance Data pipelines Engineering OOP +8
Career development Equity Insurance Team events
Chicago, Illinois, United States … Chicago, Illinois, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 120K * USD 56K+ *
Data Scientist - Forecasting (US)Banking Computer Science Consulting Consulting firm Data visualization Economics Machine Learning +7
Career development Conferences
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs