Deep Learning Engineer
Navinfo is the largest Digital Map Provider in China and third largest in the world.
Our core competence is the extraction of map related features from images by intense use of Deep Learning and Computer Vision. Part of our mission is to evaluate latest technology for use in map automation and support business units with the integration of this technology into a production environment.
Your responsibility is the design, implementation and maintenance of Deep Learning based software. This includes the design, training and release of Deep Neural Networks and related tools to our customers in China.
You will join our multi-cultural team of Deep Learning/Computer Vision engineers within the ‘Advanced Research Lab’ (ARL) department.
You will work with up to date Deep Learning technology in a team of highly skilled professionals. Being a team player with excellent communication skills is a key requirement. As English is our working language your level should be B2 or higher.
As Deep Learning is a highly dynamic field, we continuously try to follow the latest technology developments. Our aim is to pick up latest technology trends quickly and evaluate it for our mission.
To develop best in class deep neural networks for our customers, part of our mission is the implementation of tools that support the training and data management process.
We support use cases from Deep Learning object detection in a real-time in-car scenario to server based Deep Learning Scene Segmentation. See our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS58f4OOAcJIcaKKfpnAl3w/videos
Work Description & Core Tasks
Within our Advanced Research Lab you will be responsible for your own products, under supervision of a project leader.
- Design of deep neural networks to tailor fit our customer requirement
- Follow technology trends in Deep Learning domain
- Evaluate latest technology for use in the map automation process
- Develop prototypes that demonstrate the potential for map automation
- Support our partnering business units with the integration of our prototypes into a production environment
- Develop tools to improve our Deep Learning related processes
- Maintain clear and effective communication with the team and other team as necessary
- A MSc degree, preferably in machine learning, computer vision, computer science, mathematics or physics
- Excellent knowledge of Deep Learning
- Strong software engineering skills in C++ and Python
- You have experience in object detection, segmentation, classification and re-identification
- You are familiar with scientific computing and systems and have quick model prototyping experience in TensorFlow/PyTorch with GPUs
- Experience with GPU acceleration for AI
- You have experience building production-scale data pipelines in Python.
- High commitment to quality
- English level B2 or higher
- Nice to have: Command of written and spoken Chinese
Does this profile describe you and are you interested in this function within an informal and innovative organization with a solid customer base? Please apply! You can expect a challenging job with a market conforming employment package.