Head of Data
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In this phase of growth and expansion, Mindvalley is looking for a Head of Data Science that will lead the company to best in class data practices.
In this role you will be the Data Lead for Mindvalley, heading Data Infrastructure overall and the data strategy connecting Technology, Product and Marketing data.
Mindvalley is the leading and most promising ed-tech company to date. We dominate the US market for Personal Growth Education. We are empowering athletes within every major US sports team and promoting successful learning strategies in major companies.
We're currently building the most advanced learning system - a version inspired by Ironman's “J.A.R.V.I.S.” which utilizes AI and augmented reality to provide customized learning. Turning anyone into a superhero.
We innovate tools that induce enlightenment within every aspect of human life. We are seeking the best engineers to build the best and most advanced education platform our species has seen. The goal to mark our success is: powering up to 100 countries, powering every Fortune 500 company, and progressing humanity towards a better future.
You will be responsible for developing and governing our data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. You will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices.
The tools and best practices for data infrastructure are evolving incredibly quickly. Therefore we are looking for a dynamic learner and result oriented leader to drive the current strategy and the future improvement of this crucial area.
The role can be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia or Tallinn, Estonia.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Unify data governance and strategy.
- Leading Analytics Systems to improve data-driven decision making.
- Supervising Data at the Operational System level, to build data-powered products.
- Overseeing the collection, management, and storage of data across an organization.
- Analyzing and deriving insights from data to inform business strategy and value.
- Work in strong synergy with leadership and representing data needs and strategy at the top level of the organization.
- Managing cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record in senior-level data management role.
- Preferred experience in fast-growing tech companies.
- Team Management experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Analytically minded.