Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for Data Scientists to join our team in Helsinki or Oulu. Our Data Scientists serve both data-oriented feature development as well as contribute to the overall design and structure of the machine learning platform. Here are some examples of the teams that you could be working with:
Contextual - focuses on features that create a holistic understanding of users’ wellbeing and provide personalized contextual guidance.
Tools - focuses on building tools for efficient hardware problem analysis and automatic problem detection.
Some of the teams responsibilities are to:
- Help us understand our users’ behavioral patterns with the ring biometric data, and use the data for building productised features
- Help us understand what causes hardware problems and defects for our customers
- Work to identify new useful patterns towards automatic error detection
- Contribute to product development with models and algorithms to use in our internal tools
- Explore existing data and find new opportunities in 3rd parties data integrations
- Contribute to developing user-facing prototypes driven by the output of all data collection and analysis efforts
We would love to have You on our team, if You:
- Have 3+ years of experience in Software Development and/or Data Science
- Solid programming skills in Python
- Familiarity with some of the following: SQL, Data pipelines, Dask, Spark, AWS
- Have experience with multiple machine learning and statistical modelling approaches
- Understand practical considerations of putting models into production use
- Have a good understanding of product and user analytics
- Able to think from the end-user's perspective. Use of Machine learning as a tool to improve our product and our user experience
- Competitive Salary
- Lunch benefit
- Wellness benefit
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- An Oura ring of your own (if you want)
- Easy-to-reach offices in Oulu Teknologiakylä and in Helsinki city center
- Latest equipment of choice
If this sounds like the next step for you, please send us your application as soon as possible, but by November 8th the latest. We will start reviewing the applications immediately, as we receive them.