Principal Product Manager - Data Science
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We are looking for a senior product management leader to join our rapidly growing team! Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use data cloud. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
Specifically, the person hired for this role will serve as the business owner for our data science and machine learning workload. The role entails defining the vision and roadmap for data science and machine learning at Snowflake, working in a cross-functional way with teams across the company to make Snowflake and our customers successful for this workload, and it includes working with our ecosystem of technology and solution partners to align on joint technology and business integration roadmaps in this space.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Define and evolve the vision, roadmap, and definition of success for one or more key areas of the Snowflake product, specifically for the data science and machine learning workloads.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, documentation, QA, marketing, sales, and support as well as our business partners.
- Collaborate across the Snowflake leadership team as well as the PM and Engineering organizations to help drive buy-in and agreement on the vision and the product.
- Manage programs and structured projects related to the design and delivery of engineering efforts.
- Partner with other Snowflake Product Managers on cross-company initiatives.
- Lead customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Help coordinate project execution across feature teams.
- Own the end-to-end product life cycle from customer scenarios, product requirements, priorities, customer reviews, all the way to product/feature evangelism.
- Manage a robust customer community for your feature areas.
- Leverage data to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
OUR IDEAL PRODUCT MANAGER WILL HAVE:
- The ability to grasp the breadth of the Snowflake data cloud vision and product and, at the same time, dive down to the detailed level of a specific feature.
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap.
- Proven expertise in understanding the voice of the customer and partnering across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling products that meet those customers’ needs.
- Demonstrated track record of shipping successful platform data science offerings in the cloud.
- Decisive and detailed oriented personality, and ready and willing to stand by their decisions.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of a hyper-growth company. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographies.
- Comfortable presenting and working at the CxO level within Snowflake and with Snowflake’s customers and partners.
- 15+ years of experience in product management.
- Deep understanding in the areas of Data Science, Machine Learning, Big Data and Public Cloud technologies.
- Hands-on experience with data science products such as DataRobot, DataIku, AWS SageMaker, Azure ML, or Google ML and frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, XGBoost, or scikit-learn.
- Experience as a people manager for product managers is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?