Senior Data Scientist
komootWe love tech, we love nature, we make it easy for people to discover the best outdoor places. With just one tap.
Remote (Europe) | Full- time & Permanent role | Outdoor navigation app | 15+M users | 70 employees + 40 freelances | squad structure
Senior Data Scientist @ komoot (Kotlin/Java/Scala) & Python
@ komoot We are building the best outdoor navigation planner and the biggest outdoor community and simply inspire people to explore more of the outdoors.
15million users | 100k 5* reviews | App of the Year (Google & Apple) various times
As a young tech company, we know how user engagement can be boosted by personalisation, recommendations, user-segmentations and smart retention hooks. Using a wide range of different data sets, from common analytics/product data to unusual data sets like GPS recording and social relations, you will drive product enhancements forward that will directly impact 14 million users. We believe that innovations based on data science will reinforce and extend our leadership in the outdoor market and your role will be decisive for komoot’s success.
What you will do
- Work closely with our backend, web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters and product managers
- Discuss product improvements, technical possibilities and road maps
- Investigate and evaluate data science approaches for product enhancements
- Turn prototypes into production systems by writing clean and maintainable code
- Deploy and monitor your code in our AWS Cloud (you can count on the support of experienced backend engineers)
What you will need to be succesfull
- Have a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions to complex problems
- Have a solid understanding of math and statistics
- Have 3+ years of industry experience in data science
- Master Jupyter, pandas, NumPy, matplotlib/seaborn, scikit-learn and XGBoost/LightGBM/CatBoost
- Bonus: TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Know SQL
- Love to write clean, maintainable and tested Python code
- Have experience productionising your data science solutions
- Have strong communication and team skills
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Bonus: Know statically typed languages such as Kotlin/Java/C or Go
- Bonus: Have cloud experience (e.g. with AWS)
- Bonus: Have BigData experience (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hadoop)
To find out more and to apply you can follow this link: https://www.komoot.com/jobs/senior-data-scientist
To find out more how we hire great people here.