Engineering Manager - Data Analysis
Engineering Manager - Data Analysis (f/m/x)
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here.
At the spear-tip of this digitalisation and automation is our “Smart Logistics Business Area”, which aims to provide the business with data-driven tools to support their processes and decisions, be it in the form of raw data from our data warehouse, a fully supported Salesforce-suite, reports and analysis or predictive models and recommendation systems. For the analytics part, based in our Berlin HQ, we’re now looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of five Data Analysts in cooperation with a Product Owner that own the maintenance and development of our internal Business Intelligence tools.
Our teams build user experiences that disrupt the logistics market. We trust and support each other and encourage our engineers and analysts to connect together with regular knowledge sharing sessions as well as being transparent and open with our company vision in regular tech all hands.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our Data Analyst team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment while providing the vision and strategy to help teams execute. This role will report into an Engineering Director.
Your challenge will be:
- Support stakeholders' decision-making with crucial analysis and data-insights
- Provide input and ideas to continuously advance Business Intelligence at sennder
- Help with the creation of descriptive and predictive analytics
- Identify and collect new data to drive novel insights into sennder’s operations
- Drive external and internal hiring as well as developing our analytics talent into new challenges and roles
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed on target state.
- Continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes
- Promote and maintain a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example inline with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams
To get there you will need:
- Confirmed analytics leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deal with change
- Substantial experience with SQL
- Experience in PowerBI, Looker or DBT are a plus
- Passion for data
- Strong analytical and result-oriented mindset
- Some experience with Python or further programming languages
- Excellent English skills
- Highly self-driven, professional personality with an aspiration to excel in your role
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym
- Countless opportunities to connect in and out of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organisers
- Regular home office and flexible working
- An attractive financial package
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly and supportive atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.