Spacecraft Telemetry and Data Analysis Engineer
Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Spacecraft Telemetry and Data Analysis Engineer to support our Spacecraft Analysis team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
- Developing software tools to streamline fetching of spacecraft telemetry
- Developing software tools to analyze the telemetry and assess state and health of spacecraft’s subsystems
- Developing software tools to automatically generate statistical reports based on input from domain engineers
- Testing and maintaining of the aforementioned software tools
- Analize spacecraft anomalies and long term degradations
- Work closely with electrical, radio and system engineers to understand and characterise satellite behaviour
- Work closely with Flight and Ground software engineers to bring higher degree of visibility into Iceye’s future satellite generations
Your background and skillset:
- Ms or BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or Engineering, or a proven equivalent in experience
- 1+ year hands-on expertise in Python (preferably with typical tools to work with numerical data and/or big data e.g.: numpy, scipy, pandas).
- Good understanding of statistics
Nice to have:
- High motivation to learn new stuff.
- Interest in space engineering and/or physics
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English by 4th of November 2020
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.