Software Engineer - Machine Learning
TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a passionate Machine Learning Engineer to join our mission.
For our customers, using TransferWise is as simple as sending money from A to B. Yet behind our app and website is a complex engine of currencies and routes, generating terabytes of data each day. This role is an opportunity to change the way internal customer experience and interact with the analysis of this data.
Your mission and role will be building and maintaining a cost efficient and scalable machine learning platform, that is convenient to use and that provides a good engineering and data science experience. Your input will directly affect how TransferWise is making decisions and predictions on billions of events.
What does it take?
- The ability to convince and get your voice heard - you’re comfortable making a case for what you want to do
- Experience being a self starter and working autonomously
- The mindset to solve problems from scratch
- A thick skin - regular feedback is part of our culture
A bit about you:
- You have solid engineering background in Python and some knowledge of Java ecosystem
- You have knowledge of cloud based ML solutions from GCP or AWS
- You have high coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept, and you are well versed in writing effective, scalable and clean code
- You are comfortable with the DevOps and Continuous Delivery approach to work
- You have several years experience working with ML frameworks and libraries like Spark Mlib, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, H2O
- You have experience with Distributed and Concurrent Systems, knowing the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- You have ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans and implement solutions to them
Nice to haves:
- Passionate about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, CircleCI, Infrastructure as Code, AWS or other cloud ecosystems
- Customer is at the heart of everything you do and this empathy drives all decision you make
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge/interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems
- Be a customer of TransferWise
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart people
And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work - a practical guide
- TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.