Data Scientist - Domain Registrar and Investors
British Columbia - Remote
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy’s Domain Search and Recommendation is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team that develops and applies machine learning methods to improve our customer’s search experience. Domain Search is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company’s revenue, customer growth and innovation. As a data scientist, you would play a major role in improving the search page across all markets we support worldwide.
You’ll work Remote in Canada OR United States. Your manager is in Santa Clara, CA.
What you'll get to do
- Work with the latest deep learning technologies to develop and optimize advanced machine learning models to improve our customer’s experience.
- Be self-driven, understand the data we have, and provide data driven insights to all of our challenges.
- Mine datasets to develop features and models to improve search relevance and ranking algorithms.
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas.
- Understand patterns and insights about what our users search for and purchase to help personalize our recommendations.
Your experience should include
- BS in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, etc. with 2 years of industry or academic experience in a quantitative subject area.
- Experience with machine learning, statistics, and NLP
- Experience with a machine learning platform such as tensorflow or pytorch.
- Experience with a programming language of your choice: Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Familiarity with large-scale data analytics in Hadoop, Pig or Hive.
You might also have
- Master or PhD preferred
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.