Team Lead, Data Analytics
Team Lead, Data Analytics
Location: Dublin, IRE
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated self-starter and problem solver interested in the intersection of data, current events, business, and technology. You are innovative, adaptable, and can balance multiple projects at the same time. You are passionate about working with data, have experience developing data ingests and are familiar with web technologies. You take the initiative to own projects and deliver results with the goal to make the organization more successful. You will lead a team of data analysts and work with a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, engineers - to solve challenging problems.
- Execute high priority cross-functional projects: Lead/mentor a team of data analysts and oversee successful end-to-end execution of data ingest, automation, & analytics initiatives
- Drive insights through analytics, reporting, and visualization: Conduct data analytics & modeling, define business metrics, and develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day decision-making and long-term strategic-setting
- Contribute to automation and process improvement initiatives: Work with management and operations teams across the company to develop reporting systems, automation workflows, and data-driven operational workflows that support business needs
Data Ingest, Automation, & Analytics
- Conduct data exploration and build data ingests utilizing APIs and other methods
- Develop automation scripts for data extraction, transformation, and QA in consultation with subject matter experts
- Build, maintain, and update visualization dashboards and tools to monitor data health
- Perform quality assurance and routine diagnostics on data and data feeds
- Develop and maintain protocols to systematize processes for future work
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional experience with Web-scraping, ingesting data from external APIs, and working with raw data in various data formats
- 3-5 years of hands on experience, preferably working in cross-functional teams with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in a leadership or manager position
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Professional experience with data visualization using BI Tools such as Looker, Tableau or PowerBI
- Hands on experience or familiarity of Machine Learning concepts is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized with ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependants, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous leave
- Professional development fund
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.#LI-EL