Senior Applied Machine Learning Scientist - Personalization
About Machine Learning at Livongo: The personalization effort is a part of the Data Science team at Livongo that works closely with product managers, engineering and operations to build, ship and maintain machine learning models and pipelines to provide members an experience that is engaging and improves clinical outcomes.
This is an opportunity to use technical rigor to apply machine learning to real-world business problems; and engineer, deploy, measure and iterate ML in production, for every Livongo member.
- Build production ready machine learning models to identify and personalize recommendations that improve member engagement and lead to clinical outcomes.
- Formulate and solve machine learning problems using diverse data using deep learning, Learning to Rank, Matrix Factorization, NLP, Contextual Bandits etc.
- Formulate hypothesis, design, analyze and run offline and online experiments to measure, iterate and improve performance of algorithms, product features and member communications.
- Interpret the results of your work for clinical, product and business decision-makers.
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to discover and distill requirements into problem definitions, product features and architecture.
- Self-driven person, with a proven track record using machine learning to solve challenging business, technical and data engineering problems.
- Expertise in machine learning theory, as well as practical tricks for working with and delivering machine learning models including recommender systems, deep learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, predictive modeling, causal modeling, contextual bandits.
- Excellent data analysis skills and bias to deliver, measure and iterate using experimentation and statistical analysis.
- Depth of experience in Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow and at least one of the following: Spark, SQL, and/or Hadoop.
- Experience developing, prototyping, and deploying machine learning and personalization models.
- Familiarity with the entire ML algorithm lifecycle (modeling approach ideation, data exploration, training, evaluation, tuning).
- Willingness to learn new platforms and tools, as well as propose and help team adopt new tools.
- Great active listening skills to infer product needs and underlying context.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers, and respect for member privacy
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.