Data Scientist, Sales
We're looking for data scientists to join the Data Science team who are excited about applying their analytical skills to understand our users and influence decision making. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be working closely with the Sales team to build allocation and optimization models to help sales allocate resources most effectively. Which accounts should we staff? How many sales associates should we have per region? Use experimentation and/or causality modeling to understand the incremental value of an Account Manager, Account Executive, and/or Outbound Sales Associate You will build machine learning models to detect and predict customer churn, including partial churn or other drops in volume.
- Partner with sales in developing new comp programs for Existing Business and Product Sales.
- Identify important questions and answer them with data.
- Apply statistical, machine learning and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products.
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and experimental design
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping and leading complex data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working with a sales team
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Spark, Hadoop, etc)