IBM Internship - Data Scientist
Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, RO
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Run and statistically evaluate statistical models such as Machine Learning, Optimization, Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence
• Partner with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Solution architects and peer data scientist and development data engineers to create solutions to meet business and technical opportunities
• Understand and communicate technical advantages and tradeoffs between Data Models
• Explore and develop new technical skills and industry practices while absorbing professional knowledge quickly and using demonstrated interpersonal skills to be an effective ambassador for IBM Data Science and AI
• Use exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to the identified business requirements from our clients; ensure the results are statistically valid
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The Data Scientist is the technical expert and advisor to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a Data Scientist you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another field relevant to Data Science
• Experience working with Machine Learning, Optimization, Neural Networks and/or Artificial Intelligence
• Experience with a Data Science programming language such as Python or R
• Deep understanding of Statistics
• Fluent in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree
- Deep understanding of Statistical Machine Learning Models with Python or R
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Consulting Machine Learning Python R Research Scrum