Entry Level Data Scientist - Workday Analytics
Southbury, Connecticut, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Thank you for your interest.
This role is located ONSITE (after covid) Southbury, CT.
There is no relocation offered and no remote option.
As a member of the Analytics, Reporting, and Dashboards team you will be expected to deliver increased positive user experience for IBM users of Workday by the development and maintenance of enhanced reports and reporting technology. You will act on new change requests as well as production incidents. Aside from production support will you also be expected to lead analytics and reporting side projects, such as enhanced dashboards and external data reporting.
- Provide production support by developing or maintaining Workday Reports and Dashboards
- Develop enhanced reporting applications by using Prism Analytics
- Support the HR client teams, guide them through successful testing, deployment, etc
- Identify and perform system cleanup activities and report administration
- Partner with Workday, assess incoming features for internal IBM use
Visa non-sponsorship statement:
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
You will be working with a team of data scientists and software developers on multiple efforts in parallel, but under great collaboration. You will also be interacting with multiple internal IBM teams, such as HR user teams, other technical Workday teams, and also Workday themselves.
A day in the life at IBM
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our larger IBM team – all while being based out of our Southbury office.
- Participate and/or lead in our lunch and learn sessions
- Take a break and have fun by participating with other IBM’ers in a game of pool, ping pong or arcade
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
- Staying relevant to emerging trends in areas related to Workday technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• A minimum of 3 years of IT experience
• Strong analytics skills such as in Excel or SQL
• Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to quickly learn new technology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Workday or Workday report writing experience
• Demonstrated experience in working with global diverse teams
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Engineering Open Source SQL